Tis the season!!
What could be better at Christmas time than getting together with friends and family and celebrating with a great meal (and loads of presents).
In the spirit of the holidays, we here at Café-Direct thought it would be nice to offer you not one, but two delicious recipes. Treat your guests (and yourself!) to these rich and flavorful coffees and make it a Christmas to remember!
Wishing you and your loved ones a very joyful Christmas!!
10 cups brewed coffee
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or cardamom)
1/3 cup water
whipped cream, for garnish
milk and sugar, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and water for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add to coffee, stir and serve immediately. Stir again if served later.
- Serve with whipped cream, milk and sugar.
- Good with a splash of Brandy, Frangelico, Kahlua or Bailey’s, if desired.
Spiced Christmas Coffee
3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
1 cup freshly ground coffee (preferably a mild roast)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons ground cardamom or 5 crushed cardamom pods
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
7 cups water
- Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and brandy; beat to peaks.
- Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in coffee filter.
- Using spoon, mix gently.
- Add water to the coffee maker and brew according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Divide coffee among 8 cups.
- Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.
Thank you to Food.com for the recipes and BecR for the photo.