Thanksgiving is such a wonderful occasion to be with friends and family and share in a great meal! This holiday is all about celebrating abundance and what better way than by feasting on pumpkin soup, turkey with all the fixings, potatoes, cranberries and of course, pumpkin pie.
Yes, fall is in full bloom, which means that Halloween is just around the corner. This is the time of the year where the pumpkin is king, so, in its honor, I decided to try out a few pumpkin coffee recipes and offer you THE best one. So here you go : )
Spicy Pumpkin Coffee, Café-Direct style!You will need :
- 1 strong coffee (I suggest Sumatra Gayo Mountain dark roast or ½ light ½ dark)
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin pie filling
- Garam Masala to tast
- Whipped cream
- a plate with a little Amaretto
- a plate with some cinnamon sugar
- Mix the coffee, pumpkin pie filling and Garam Masala in a small pot and warm while stirring, without making it boil.
- Frost the class cup rim with Amaretto and cinnamon sugar.
- Empty the coffee in the cup and add whipped cream.
- Top with a little Garam Masala and enjoy!!
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment!!
- Garam Masala is a spice blend made up of nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, black pepper and coriander. You can find this and the cinnamon sugar in many grocery stores or make your own.
- You may not need to add sugar in your coffee because the pumpkin pie filling is already sweetened. Unless, of course, if you have a really big sweet tooth 😉