At the beginning of the year, what can be better than a great cup of coffee to warm yourself up and recover from the Holidays… Even better if it’s an alcoholic coffee drink ;o) So, here’s my cocooning coffee recipe with a delicate hint of maple to remind us that spring is coming! Yes I know, I’m a very positive person lol!
Ingredients (makes 6 cups) :
- 6 cups of very hot Cafe-Direct coffee
- 2 lemon quarters
- powdered maple sugar or brown sugar or cocoa
- 3/4 cups Sortilège Canadian Whiskey and Maple Syrup Liquor
- 6 tablespoons of Cognac
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- Rim a glass with lemon and brown sugar
- In a pot, heat the Sortilège liquor and the Cognac until they boil and flambée if desired
- Pour the alcohol into the container with the hot coffee. The flame will go out immediately.
- Mix and pour into 6 heat resistant glasses
- Garnish with the whipped cream and powdered maple sugar and cover the glasses with napkins